Thursday, October 12, 2006

I think the heat is changing Ellie's sleeping habits. Yesterday her naps lasted only half of their usual 1.5 hrs, and she didn't got to sleep till about 10-- then she woke up before 7am this morning. Again she only slept for 45 minutes for a nap. She was also quite whingy in the morning-- screaming if I left the room. Probably over-tired, but hard to tell. When she sleeps longer, she seems to wake up happier, when she sleeps for only 45 minutes, she seems to wake up crying. After her lunch today, we were having a cuddle and bounce to her favourite electro-pop, and she conked. I put her down, and went in about 15 minutes later to put some clothes away and she popped up with a big smile. So now she's helping me clean the back room. She's looking at me now-- why has he gone quiet?

Before nap time this morning we read one of her books "I can fly" six times! Repeating books is a new thing for her. Normally, if it's a book she likes she'll make it all or most of the way through it, but other ones she only listens to a couple of pages before throwing them on the floor. I helpfully say/sign "Finish book?". Then she picks another one. A lot of the fun is in the picking of the book I think -- she shows definite favourites, some she'll immediately throw on the floor, to make it easier to get the ones she wants.

The other interesting discovery today was the drawers in the bathroom. Fun things inside! A good excuse for cleaning them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home