Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'm bored by housework. And, sometimes, I'm bored by Ellie. Probably bored is the wrong word-- it's more that even when she's happily playing by herself, I can't get into anything interesting because she'll need something every few minutes. So it's more that she prevents flow. When I'm really playing with her, that's good time-- but I can't really do that all the time.

There's not much I think important that can be worked on a few minutes at a time. It's all housework; or housework activities on the computer; importing photos, organising files. Sometimes scrapping a very quick journal entry. And housework is kind of repetitive; there's not much learning happening there. Sure I can learn to fold my t-shirts more quickly and cleverly, and I can certainly try some more interesting cooking things-- but the cooking happens when Ellie is asleep or J's looking after her; it's the time I could be using for more interesting things.

Yesterday I read a book, during independent play and sleep time, and just skipped housework. That was good.

Usually I stay awake after she's gone to bed (8:30 or so) and read-- but that often is more "surfing" than real reading, cause I'm too tired for much.

The solution is obvious, now that I've written this down -- wake up before the babe and do things that I want to do then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home