Thursday, July 13, 2006

Stay at home fathers don't wear black.

I've been thinking about mental retardation. What does it mean? How does it work? I can't make any sense of it. Slower to learn things; slower to change, to adapt, to grow. But what does it mean?

She woke up last night in a very funny mood. She was just up for a drink, but she kept looking at me and giggling. Amazing smiles. She was sort of delighted, joyful, gleeful? Baby glee.

Almost dinner time. Lentils and sweet potato. Yum?

Just focussing on her works best-- if I focus on what i need to be doing, I get frustrated, she senses it and gets upset. If I just enjoy being with her, everything flows nicely. More than nicely-- it's just lovely time.

I've been calling her baby more and Ellie less. Because she's my baby? Because I'm taking more care of her, and just hanging out with her less?

Even splitting my attention to being with my partner is confusing for me right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home